Wednesday 12 December 2012

Hydrotherapy

I had my first session of hydrotherapy yesterday, it was, shall I say, different. Although it was quite nice to feel weightless, taking pressure off my spine, the pain was replaced with feeling uncomfortable. That was until the end when they stood me back up in the pool. The pain that hit was near unbearable, and it hit hard!

Today, I have been left walking even slower than before (and that really is saying something), the pain in my hips and leg has increased 10 fold, and everything is just that so much more tiring to do. But I am not a quitter. I will give this a good go, and see if it helps me at all.

I will be going to hydrotherapy every Tuesday for at least 4 weeks. Tuesdays will now be known as Torturous Tuesdays!

I am at the hospital on the 21st for an examination by the pain management team, before my 2 weeks of intense pain management begins in the new year. If this doesn't work, or if there is nothing they can do for me, then surgery is almost certainly on the cards, although I have yet to receive the results from my latest MRI scan on my upper spine. If the scan shows anything, then this will definitely delay things even further, due to more tests that will need to be done.

As for my ESA tribunal, I have still yet to hear of a date, although I am happy that I have received a letter from Welfare Rights, saying that they will be helping me, and quite possibly, representing me at the tribunal. Representation at tribunals increases the success rate from 30% up to 80% (even higher in some cases). I will keep you all updated with news, as soon as I have it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting